New to AA? Here's some helpful information:
On-Line Local Meeting Schedule for Milwaukie, Clackamas, West Linn, Oregon City, Canby, Molalla & surrounding areas
Portland AA Hotline: 503-223-8569 (*For Medical Emergencies please dial 911*)
Service Is The Secret
Service work - helping out in a group, serving at the District, Intergroup, or Area levels, is key to long term sobriety. Here are some suggestions for Service Opportunities, whether you’re just getting started or have been around for a while.
Find A Sponsor
A Sponsor is a person who has worked the 12-steps and is willing to help you through them. Read more about Sponsorship and how important it is to your recovery.
Read the Book
The Big Book of AA contains the program. Read it. Your awareness of its contents is the difference between getting sober over and over, and staying sober once.
- The Preamble
- Explains how AA works; read at most meetings.
- The AA Big Book
- The main text of AA
- How It Works
- Chapter 5 of the Big Book
- The 12 Steps
- The AA program of recovery in 12 Steps.
- The 12 Traditions
- The principles of how the AA functions as a fellowship.
- What is a Sponsor and Do You Need One?
- A sponsor will help guide you to where you want to be.